In this eWorkshop participants will explore the underpinnings of the Speaking Test in a self-paced module that allows for choice and control. In the webinars, participants will engage in meaning making activities that provide ways to nurture students’ speaking growth.
This eWorkshop is unique in that participants will be asked to speak and share ideas with colleagues within the virtual event. By engaging in the eWorkshop, participants will:
• Apply the underpinnings of the Speaking Assessment to classroom practice
• Connect the Key Language Uses to instructional practices in speaking
• Explore the impact of holding the floor for extended classroom discourse
• Choose Teacher Moves to support student voice
• Develop an ear for language to support precision decisions