Date Message Sent
||[RIDE] - an update on reporting daily attendance
||Dr. Ken Gu - SEA
|This is in response to questions raised by couple of districts about the upcoming report of student daily attendance.
1. Who is asking for the information?
Response - This is a State reporting requirement for crisis management, data warehouse and accounting for student membership and attendance.
2. Do we need to report students that are present every day?
Response - No, we will rely more and more the updated Enrollment Census and the 'daily absence' list to figure out students present in the building on any given day.
3. What is a minimal set that we need to submit in order to comply for 2008-09?
Response - students who are absent by dates.
4. What if we don't collect the absence types?
Response - use code '2K' for now, other codes when available.
5. How often do we need to report?
Response - as often as can be scheduled and automated, the goal is daily when automated transfer is implemented.
For a full list of absence codes, click or follow this link -