Date Message Sent
||RIDE - latest on SPED Census
||Dr. Ken Gu - SEA
|This update is sent to all current users of Web-based Special Ed Census application.
We have just started integrating the new State Assigned Student ID system (SASID) into your Web-based Special Ed Census. You will be no longer connected to the old State ID system. Your existing students may still contain the old 9-digit IDs, however your new students will have the new 10-digit IDs. Within the next couple of months, all of the old 9-digit IDs will be converted into the new 10-digit IDs.
This switch to the new state ID system will not impact your day-to-day management of the special ed Census. You will however notice the following slight changes:
1. when you 'add a student' from a roster, you will be directed to the new student ID locator system;
2. when you try to locate a student, you will be instructed to type the last name of the student followed by part of the first name (e.g., 'jones, m');
3. when an exact match is found, you will simply click on 'copy record' to copy the student demographic record with the new SASID to your Special Ed Census;
4. when you have a newly enrolled student where you can not find a match, you will need to click on 'request for SASID' and complete the basic student information form, click on 'Submit' to submit the request;
5. local student information management personnel will evaluate your request and authorize/assign a SASID; this function can also be performed by the SASID administrator at RIDE;
6. the new student record will be ready to be 'copied' when the SASID has been generated.
Questions related to thisupdate can be directed to me or Charlene.
Dr. Ken Gu (222-4600 x2241, email@example.com).