Date Message Sent
||Pearson Administrative & Technology Bulletins
||Mario P Goncalves
I hope everyone weathered the storm without incident.
I would like to make you aware of recent Pearson’s bulletins. Pearson releases Administrative and technology bulletins weekly and they can be found on the Pearson site at http://parcc.pearson.com/bulletins/.
This week’s Administration Bulletin pertains to the following areas:
• Important Dates
• PARCC Accessibility Features and Accommodations Manual
• Assistive Technology Guidelines
• Training Module Shortcuts
• Stop and Go On Signs
• ELA/Literacy PBA Field Test
• Helpful Hint: What information should I have on hand when calling Customer Support Services?
• PARCC Customer Support Center Information
The full bulletin is located on Pearson’s site here: http://parcc.pearson.com/bulletins/2015/01/27/parcc-administrative-bulletin.html
The Technology bulletin for this week contains important information regarding the following:
• Upcoming Release Dates
• White-List URLs for TestNav8
• TestNav8 App Updates
• PearsonAccessnext and TestNav8 Version Updates
• Using iPads with Global Proxy
• Google to Disable NPAPI for Chrome Browser
• PARCC Support Center
The Google to Disable NPAPI for Chrome Browser is a significant change and should be assessed by districts. I have attached a NPAPI Bulletin from Pearson that addresses this topic in detail.
The full Test Nav 8 Technology bulletin is attached and can be found on Pearson’s site here: https://support.assessment.pearson.com/display/TN/Technical+Bulletins
The NPAPI Bulletin can be found here on the Pearson site: https://support.assessment.pearson.com/display/TN/TestNav+8+-+Google+to+Disable+NPAPI+for+Chrome+Browser+in+2015
As a reminder, districts should bring all of their browsers to version 8 of Java and then disable the automatic updates to java once their java version is confirmed to be working.