Date Message Sent
||Request for Schools to Review NECAP Testing Demographic Data for Accuracy
||Mario P Goncalves
|Dear data managers,
It has been brought to our attention that the names of the files to be downloaded from the Measured Progress site are different from the names listed in the instructions that were sent out. It has also been brought to our attention that there is no “Completed” box for principals to check. Please note the highlighted text below to address each issue from the original message:
On Thursday, January 3rd, Measured Progress will be uploading a single file on the NECAP reporting site for each district/LEA data manager to download. This file will contain NECAP testing demographic data for each school in your district/LEA. Once district/LEA data managers split the file up so that each principal gets his/her own individual file, principals will be expected to review their file for accuracy and make any necessary corrections.
It is very important that principals check their file for accuracy because RIDE will be using the "corrected" files for both accountability (AYP) and growth calculations. RIDE is providing this opportunity so that schools can be proactive this year rather than reactive once accountability and growth reports are posted. By reviewing demographic data now, schools will know which students will be used to calculate school performance.
District/LEA data managers will need to do the following:
1. Go to: https://reporting.measuredprogress.org/NECAPReportingRI
2. Login using your current (2012) login information. If you do not know your login information you may contact the NECAP Service Center at 877-632-7774 or you can contact Dr. Kevon Tucker-Seeley at 401-222-8494.
3. Once you are logged in, you will need to click on the "Reports" tab near the top of the page and then select "2011-2012" from the dropdown menu for "Year." Next, choose "Fall 2012 Demographic File" from the "Administration" dropdown menu.
4. Download the following two files: Student Demographic Data File Layout (2013 NECAP District Review File Layout.xls) and Student Demographic Data File (RI1213DemographicCleanup[Discode].csv). The Student Demographic Data File Layout describes each variable and the Student Demographic Data File is the one you will be splitting up.
5. Split the file up to create separate files for each school in your district/LEA so that each principal only gets his/her own data to review.
6. Send the school-specific files to each principal.
7. Tell each principal to review the file and to check for accuracy. Specifically, principals need to check to ensure that each student in their file was actually enrolled in their school during the fall testing window (October 1-23, 2012) and to make sure the "not tested" or "exempt" reasons are correct. NOTE: The district/school codes in the file represent where the students actually took the NECAP tests.
8. If errors are found, tell principals to note all corrections in the "Corrections" column ONLY in the spreadsheet and to not make any changes to the data itself.
9. Once the file is reviewed, the principal should send the file back to you (NOTE: you may want to save each principal’s email as proof that they have completed their review of the file). Additionally, tell principals to make sure that changes are input into their SIS system too. If they have questions they can call Dr. Van Yidana at 401-822-8488 or Dr. Kevon Tucker-Seeley at 401-222-8494.
10. Merge all your school-level files back into a single data file and make all necessary corrections to your district-level records 11. upload your data file via File Share in eRIDE. The group name will be, "Fall 2012 Demographic File Corrections." Contact Mario Goncalves at 401-222-8968 or via email at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems uploading your file.
NOTE: You must download the files from the NECAP Reporting site before JANUARY 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM because Measured Progress will be removing all 2011-2012 files (e.g., interactive NECAP data and reports) at that time from this site. This is also the same date that the 2011-2012 passwords will expire (2013 passwords will be mailed out in mid-January so that you can access 2012-2013 files).
The DEADLINE for district/LEA data managers to submit a single, corrected file to RIDE is FEBRUARY 15, 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Van Yidana (firstname.lastname@example.org or 222-8488) at RIDE or Dr. Tucker-Seeley (email@example.com, or 222-8494) at RIDE.