Date Message Sent
||[RIDE] - SSO email to educators
Below is a excerpt from the Commissioner’s field memo last week.
We have also included the copy from the email ONIS is sending to certified educators.
RIDE begins implementing new Single Sign-On user accounts for all certified educators
In order to minimize the impact on the LEAs of creating new Single Sign-On user accounts for their certified staff, RIDE will be migrating account information from the existing RICERT system. Prior to the migration process, it is critical that we have valid e-mail addresses for the purpose of notifying all the educators in the state about the new Single Sign-On system and the change to the log-in process. RIDE will soon be launching a web-based e-mail-address verification process that will ask the user to provide two e-mail addresses – one for work-related notification and one for non-work-related notification. So that you are informed as to how we will be reaching out to your teachers, we have included in this memo our process and timeline that will ensure that we are able to contact the maximum number of educators in the state.
Validation and Notification Process:
• On May 14, RIDE requested from your data manager a file containing the work e-mail addresses and identifying information for all certified staff in your district.
• Between June 1 and June 5, RIDE will e-mail to the educators information about the new Single Sign-On Portal, with a link to the E-mail Validation application.
• From June 1 to August 1, RIDE will open the E-mail Validation Application that we will use to validate their e-mail addresses. Each educator will be asked to verify or provide two e-mail addresses. Each educator will identify one for work-related notification and one for non-work-related notification, such as certification notifications.
• We will send a letter in the postal mail to any educator who does not validate by July 1.
• From June 1 and through June 5, RIDE will e-mail to the educators information about the new Single Sign-On Portal, with a link to the E-mail Validation application. Below is the copy of the email.
The Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education is in the process of building several new on- line data systems designed to help educators improve learning for all of the students in Rhode Island. To simplify access to these data systems that RIDE is deploying over the next few years, RIDE is developing a Single Sign-On system (SSO). This SSO will allow you to access all of the data systems, including the newly redesigned teacher certification system (scheduled to be released this fall), with one account and password. With the SSO account, the login to all of RIDE data systems will be simple and through one web portal.
At this time, we need your help.
To successfully communicate the new login credentials to each educator, RIDE needs valid email addresses from you. The web link below will send you to a web screen that will allow you to do two things. 1. Validate what RIDE has on file for your contact email addresses. 2. Select or provide two email addresses that you authorize RIDE to use for work related or non-work use.
Non-work vs. Work email
The email address we may have on file for you from the certification system is an email address that you provided the RI certification office with when applying/renewing your certification. An educator’s certification is associated with the individual, like a driver’s license, not the school or district; therefore this email address provided by you is considered your non-work email. The email you assign as a non-work email address will be used for certification and SSO related communications. However, we also need you to provide a work email address that RIDE could use to notify you about education related updates, events and RIDE applications. Your non-work email will be used for Single Sign-On password recovery. You may choose to select or provide the same email for both non-work and work, or different emails for each type. If you currently are not working in a Rhode Island school or district, you would provide a personal email address.
Thank you for your participation. Please take the time to validate your account. It will only take a few minutes.
Please click on the link below to begin the process:
Email Verification Link
Director of Networks and Information Systems
Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
For further information: email@example.com 401-222-8400