Date Message Sent
||[RIDE] - Report sign-off deadline
This is a reminder that your district's submission and snapshot reports are due at the end of business tomorrow, Thursday, October 28th, 2010. The snapshot date should be October 1, 2010. Prior to sign-off (district level signed by the Superintendent), please make sure to check and resolve your duplicates and demographic differences. While reviewing the reports, it is imperative that you take the time to verify that the numbers under the different groupings (Lunch, IEP, SEC 504, LEP, etc.) are correct. As a reminder from our Finance office, many funding decisions are connected to free and reduced lunch eligibility such as:
- The new state education funding formula,
- Outside school hour programs,
- The Summer Food Service Program,
- Distribution/eligibility of other Federal and State funding,
- e-Rate Program (reduced utilities cost for schools),
- Interest free loans for schools (based on the Federal Tax Payers Relief Act of 1997), and
- Reduction in student loans for teachers who teach in high poverty school districts to name a few.
Please let us know if you have any questions (email@example.com or 222-8400).